Santa Approved Pecan Cookies and Milk
Posted on 20 December 2016
- ½ cup (250ml) softened, unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50ml) Silk True Almond Unsweetened
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons (90ml) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon (30ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) salt
- 1 cup (225ml) all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup (275ml) whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon grated cinnamon (optional)
- 6 ounces (1 cup or 180ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup (125ml) roasted pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) baking soda
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer or a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. Add the almond milk and vanilla and mix well.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl before adding them to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, fold in the chocolate chips (optional) and pecan pieces.
Grease or use a parchment/Silpat lined baking sheet. Drop teaspoons of dough onto the sheet. For a thinner cookie, press with a cup or your hand to flatten. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly on a wire rack before enjoying with a glass of cold milk!